Troubleshooting | Slow UCI Touch Screen Response
Learn how to diagnose and solve problems with slow touch screen response on UCI devices.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
UCI Touch Panel response is slow or lagging.
- High number of control elements in the UCI that may effect processing resources
- Image resolution is too high for touchpanel resources
Solution | Workaround
- Replace any video preview windows on the UCI with the Media Display released in Designer 9.2.1
- Reduce any multi-page UCI's to a single UCI with multiple layers
- Reduce the overall number of control elements in the UCI
- Avoid excessive TSC graphic asset scaling up or down in size. Graphic assets should closely match the resolution of the target asset resolution.
- Generally background images should be scaled to closely match the resolution of the panel.
- Button backgrounds and icons too should generally match the resolution of the button object.
- Set the UCI's Swipe Disable to Yes and Enable Button Swipe to No if possible
- Avoid multiple UCI Layer Visibility Transitions happening at the same time
- Reduce the number of active VU meters in the UCI to lower the data received by the TSC panel
- Avoid using VU Meters using the Segmented Meter type