Troubleshooting | USB Video Bridge shows Status OK but unable to view PTZ camera streams on PC
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
USB Video Bridge shows OK status in Q-SYS. PC is however unable to view PTZ camera streams.
A few configuration and connection issues can prevent camera streams from properly passing over USB Bridging.
- Improper network configuration on the Core
- Peripherals communicating to the wrong NIC on the Core
- Network configuration of the PTZ is not set to the correct network
Solution | Workaround
- In Core Manager, check that the network settings does NOT include duel-gateways.
- Having a gateway set to each NIC is known to cause communication issues between the Core and connected peripherals.
- Ensure the LAN A / B ports do NOT have overlapping subnet / IP ranges.
- Setting ports on a single device to overlapping ranges is known to cause communication issues between any network communication devices.
- Check that ALL Q-SYS peripherals and the Core are using the LAN A network for communication.
- LAN A is the primary QLAN network port meant for all Q-SYS processors and peripherals to communicate properly. Crossing ports or using LAN B in the primary setup will not guarantee stability to the system.