How To | Put a CXD amplifier into standby from a fire alarm system
Learn how to control a CXD amplifier with a fire alarm system, putting it into standby mode for easy power control.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
Some sites require the use of a +12V signal from the fire alarm system to mute the amplifier outputs.
- Wire the positive voltage of the fire alarm signal to the GPI and the ground to the ground indicated by the ground symbol.
- On the amplifier's HOME screen, press the ENTER button located to the side (feature 13 on page 5 of manual).
- Scroll to the menu option of UTILITIES using the MASTER CONTROL knob to the right of the buttons (feature 14 on page 5 of manual) and press the ENTER button.
- Using the MASTER CONTROL knob, scroll to the GPI menu option and press the ENTER button to select the option.
- Press the ENTER button to select the GPI INPUT option and use the MASTER CONTROL knob to scroll to ENABLE. Select the feature by pressing ENTER button once more.
- Scroll to the CONFIRM option using the MASTER CONTROL knob and press the ENTER button to confirm the settings of muting the amplifier when a +12V signal from the fire alarm System is present.