Troubleshooting | Softphone dialer not working as a pin pad in Q-SYS 9.0.0 and later
Learn how to solve issues with using the Softphone dialer as a pin pad in Q-SYS 9.0.0 and later.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
|Hardware Model/Series||Core processors|
Softphone dialer not working as a pin pad in Q-SYS 9.0.0 and later.
Changes to the program architecture requires additional configuration to use softphone dialer as a pin pad.
Solution | Workaround
If your Softphone dialer no longer works as a pin pad after upgrading to Q-SYS 9.0.0 or later (i.e., you see a configuration error and the dialer no longer allows button presses), try the following.
- Navigate to Core Manager > Network > Basic.
- Note the Core's IP address for the network port configured in the Softphone setup. If you are unsure which interface is used, note all IP addresses.
- Go to Telephony > Softphones and click Edit.
- In the Softphone Configuration:
- Set Register with Proxy to 'No'.
- Enter the Core's IP address in the Proxy field. If the Core is set to use LAN A as the network interface for the Softphone, enter in the IP address of LAN A in the Proxy field.
- Click Save. The Softphone will now show a status of OK.
Now the dialer can be used as a pin pad without having to make any other modifications to the Softphone or Core.