Troubleshooting | Only receiving two audio tracks but expecting multi-track
Learn how to fix the issue of not receiving expected multi-track audio.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
You're connected to the core via USB to a Windows machine and expecting multi-track audio but only receiving two tracks (stereo).
You may not have ASIO4ALL installed, or the settings are incorrect in either the audio application or QDS.
Solution | Workaround
- ASIO4ALL must be installed.
- Check that WASAPI is selected rather than MME in your audio application settings (I.E. Logic, Pro Tools, Audacity).
- Audacity is being used in the following example.
- MME is the default selection and will only allow two track recording.
- Changing it to WASAPI will enable multi-track.
- The settings in QDS must also reflect a multi-track option.