Troubleshooting | TSC touch panel keeps going offline
Understand why a TSC touch panel is going offline and learn how to troubleshoot the issue.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
|Hardware Model/Series||TSC Series|
TSC touch panel keeps going offline
While not a definitive list of every possible reason for touch panels going offline, the following factors can affect connectivity of TSC touch panels.
- Network switch configuration issues
- UCI assignment issues in the design
Solution | Workaround
The following are some things to check to help resolve TSC connectivity issues.
Network Switch Configuration
- "Green Ethernet" (Energy Efficient Ethernet) should be turned off on the network switch. When enabled, ports for Q-SYS peripherals may end up being turned off by the switch.
- Auto-speed negotiation can create problems on some switches. It is best to turn off auto-speed negotiation on ports related to touch panels and lock them at 100MB.
- In some instances, enabling Flow Control may also help, typically for the TSC-7 touch-panels.
UCI Assignment & Design
- Ensure that a UCI is assigned to the touch panel's Status/Control component in the design.
- Complex UCIs have been known to prevent some touch panels from loading their designs, or result in frequent resets of the panel. These UCI best practices may help:
- Replace any video preview windows on the UCI with the Media Display control released in Designer 9.2.1.
- Reduce the overall number of control elements in a UCI.
- Consolidate UCI Pages and Layers when possible to reduce their overall quantity.
- Reduce the resolution of image files included in a UCI to a resolution that closely matches the resolution as they would be shown on the touch panel.
- Set a UCI’s Swipe Disabled property to 'Yes' and Enable Button Swipe to 'No' if possible.
- Avoid having multiple UCI Layer Visibility Transitions happening at the same time.
- Reduce the number of active VU meters in a UCI to reduce the amount of data received by the TSC panel.
- Avoid using VU Meters using the Segmented Meter Type