Troubleshooting | MP Manage v1.2 connection issues on Android OS v9 and v10
This article helps users identify and resolve connection issues with MP Manage version 1.2 on Android OS versions 9 and 10.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
|Hardware Model/Series||Some Android devices|
|Software||Android OS v9 or v10 / MP Manage 1.2|
Some Android devices running OS v9 or v10 experience an issue when launching MP Manage 1.2 immediately following an OS or application update. The MP Manage App may freeze and display this message:
“You are connected to <mixer name> and have no access to: No Access has been granted yet."
On July 23, 2020, QSC released a maintenance build to address this issue. The new build is MP-Manage-v1.2.12072.apk. Navigate to the Google Play Store to locate the latest update.
Solution | Workaround
However, if the v1.2 update is not readily accessible, follow these instructions to revert MP Manage to a previous 1.1 build, regardless of the Android OS version you are running.
- If MP Manage is currently installed on your Android device, uninstall it.
- Download the MP Manage .apk file from QSC.
- Connect your Android device to the PC with a USB cable.
- Open the Android device on the PC. (You might have to allow DATA permission on the Android.)
- Navigate to the Android's "Download" folder. For example: MyPC\Galaxy Tab A (2016)\Tablet\Download
- Move the .apk file to the Download folder.
- Navigate to the Android's "My Files" folder.
- Select "APK Installation files".
- Select "Download".
- Select "MP-Manage-b1.0.10669.apk".
- Tap Install to begin installation. (Installation can take a couple minutes.)
- Tap Done to complete the installation.
- Connect the Android device to the Wi-Fi network shared with the MP-M and launch the app. You must then log in as the MANAGER to assign a profile to this Android device.
v1.1 Reversion Notes
- If the installation is blocked, modify the Android device’s security settings to allow installation of an .apk file that is not from Google Play.
- Disable the "Auto Update" feature on the Android device. If the Android device is allowed to update automatically, this version of MP Manage might be overwritten, in which case you would need to perform this installation again.
- Android v8.1 was used to prepare these instructions. The navigation may be slightly different on a newer Android OS build.