Troubleshooting | CX-Q amplifier shows the wrong model on the front panel and in Designer
Learn how to diagnose and rectify an issue with CX-Q amplifiers that are displaying the wrong model name on their front panel and in Designer software.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
|Hardware Model/Series||CX-Q Series|
CX-Q amplifier shows the wrong model on the front panel and in Designer.
Unknown firmware issue.
Solution | Workaround
In the rare case that a CX-Q amplifier shows the wrong model number, follow this procedure to resolve:
- Back up your existing design file.
- Perform a Pinhole Reset of the amplifier. Refer to the User Manual for instructions.
- Using a different major release version of Q-SYS Designer, create a new design containing only the CX-Q amplifier and Q-SYS Core. The Designer version can be higher or lower than what was running previously - for example, 9.0 to 8.4 or vise versa. For the CX-Q amplifier name, use the factory default Device name as shown on the front panel or in Configurator.
- Save and run the design to the Core.
- Configure the amplifier's IP settings and host name as desired using either Configurator or Peripheral Manager, depending on the Q-SYS version.
- In the desired version of Q-SYS Designer, push your original design.