How To | Set up DSCP and PIM mode on a Hewlett Packard HP3800 switch
Learn how to configure DSCP and PIM mode on HP3800 switches for improved network performance.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
- Download the HP3800 setup guide.
- Follow the prescribed procedure to set up the switch.
- When setting the PIM mode for multicast routing, always use Sparse Mode (PIM-SM) on all switches carrying QLAN traffic—never Dense Mode. A common mistake is to leave some switches set to Dense Mode, which causes routing problems to develop in parts of the network.
- Q-SYS does not support native 802.1q VLAN tagging, so make sure the switch ports are all untagged (i.e., access port).
- Also make sure that when you set up the Q-SYS Core processor that you configure the default gateway, if you are using one, on only one LAN port; use static routes on the other LAN port.