How To | Enable Spatial Audio For Microsoft Teams Rooms
Learn how to enable spatial audio for Microsoft Teams Rooms.
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
- Spatial audio is turned OFF by default.
- Information on Teams-certified spatial audio speakers and configurations can be found here:
- Microsoft Signature Teams Room Guidance should be followed when designing the room.
- Microsoft Teams Rooms application must be running version 22.214.171.124 (8/21/2023) or later for spatial audio.
- The spatial audio feature should be turned ON automatically when an MTR on Windows device connects to any stereo-capable speakers AND an IT admin applies "True" to the XML setting.
Use the following steps to enable the option in Microsoft Teams Rooms for Spatial Audio:
- On your computer open up notepad or other text editor application like VSCode.
- A example file is also located at the end of this article that can be used.
- Create a blank file called SkypeSettings.xml
- Copy the code below into the blank SkypeSettings.xml file.
- Save the SkypeSettings.xml file onto a USB drive and insert it into the Microsoft Teams Room compute.
- On the Microsoft Teams Room controller touch panel select the settings icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- In the menu on the left hand side click the Windows setting button and login with you username and password for the windows admin.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Navigate to “C:\Users\Skype\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState”
- Paste the SkypeSettings.xml file into the folder location above.
- Reboot the Microsoft Teams Compute from the start menu.
- Once system is rebooted and back into Teams Mode there is a ON/OFF function in the audio settings under … (More) menu during a meeting.
- Microsoft Remotely Configure Front Row Layout Article