How To | Using the config file from a DPM100 on a DPM300
Learn how to use the configuration file from a DPM100 on a DPM300.
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
You can use the configuration from a DPM100/H on a DPM300/H, regardless of whether you are going from an 'H' model to a non-'H' model.
You cannot use the config file from a DPM300 on a DPM100.
If you try to load the file directly, you will see an error. Use this workaround procedure:
- With the DPM300 disconnected, create a new device in the venue with the same serial number, but select the model as DPM100. (If it's already in the venue, delete it and then create new).
- Load the config file to this device (Device view).
- Go back to the Venue tab, double-click on device, and then change the model to DPM300.
- Shut down DPM Manager and restart. That DPM will now show up on the Device view as a DPM300 (with extra DataPorts, etc.).
- Connect to the device and write the config to sync.