How To | Get a key for -B/C mode on an Attero Tech device
Learn how to obtain and activate a key for BC Mode on an Attero Tech device.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
With the release of unIFY v4.0, devices that need to be converted from -U to -B/C mode now require a key. You can obtain keys for multiple devices at a time.
Requirements for Obtaining a Key
- Devices must be active and showing up in unIFY,
- You must have access to the internet.
- You must have an account on the QSC website. (You can create one separately or as part of the process.)
- Open the update screen from the Tools > Smart firmware update menu in unIFY.
- Click Manage Mode Keys.
- Select the devices to which you need to add a key.
- Click Generate Request Key to create the initial key file for those devices and save it to a location on your machine.
- Go to the QSC website.
- Click Submit. If you aren't logged in to the QSC website, you will be prompted to do so. If you don't already have an account, create one.
- Upload the key file saved from Step 4. The website will modify the file and provide a download button.
- Use the download button to save the modified file to a location on your PC.
- Switch to unIFY and click Import Response Keys to load the file you downloaded from Step 8. Keys should now appear for the selected products.
Once devices have keys, you should now be able to close the manage key window and apply the firmware to convert your devices to a -C as you have before.