How To | Burn a CF module for the TSC-8
Learn how to safely burn a CF module for the TSC-8 to maximize device functionality.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
- You will need to use a Compact Flash (CF) drive, either one built-in your PC (some PCs have extra card readers).
- OR use a USB-to-Card-Reader "hub".
- Power-down the TSC-8 and pull the CF module from the TSC-8.
- Alternately, you can purchase a new CF module, 1 Gb in size is fine.
- Insert the CF module into the reader.
- Download and extract these two files:
- After downloading AND extracting those two files, use this screen-capture to guide you in burning the TSC-8 image to the CF module.
- When the burning is done, insert the CF into the TSC-8 and power it up.
- It should reboot once or twice on its own, eventually yielding a Q-SYS splash screen.
- It should then be visible in the Q-SYS Configurator screens.
- Make a simple design with only the Core and the TSC-8 in the inventory, named exactly as they appear in the Configurator (upper and lower case per the NAME field).
- Drag their Status blocks from the Inventory to the Schematic -- no other blocks or design elements.
- Push that design into the Core (Save to Core and Run).
- The TSC-8 should now automatically get a firmware update (or downgrade) to match the Core firmware.
- If successful, go ahead and load your desired Q-SYS design into the Core. All should be fine at this point.