FAQ | What if I consume additional licenses than was originally allotted in my Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager subscription? Will I eventually be automatically billed for the increase?
Find out what happens if you exceed your allotted licenses in the Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager subscription.
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
There are some scenarios where the number of licenses consumed by your Systems may change, here are some examples of how those scenarios are managed.
You have purchased a subscription with 5 System and 50 Peripheral licenses, and consume all of those licenses. Later, you add 10 additional peripherals to one of the Q-SYS Design files (for a total of 60 peripherals) and push that Design to the Core. Here’s what will happen:
- You have been using (and paying for) 5 Systems and 50 Peripherals.
- All five Systems and sixty Peripherals are immediately available to work with in Enterprise Manager.
- The system will recognize the need to add 10 additional Peripheral licenses.
- A notification is sent to your Q-SYS Reflect Admin and Billing Contact(s) informing them of the overuse scenario.
- You can either manually increase the Peripheral license quantities in your Subscription using the Q-SYS Reflect Subscription Portal. OR…
- If a manual change is not made within five days, your license quantity will be automatically increased and the new billing will pro-rate for the remainder of the current billing cycle and new amounts will take effect from that point onwards.
You have purchased a subscription with 5 System and 50 Peripheral licenses, and consume all of those licenses. Later, you want to add 3 additional Systems and 30 additional Peripherals. Here’s what will happen:
- You have been using (and paying for) five Systems and fifty Peripherals.
- There is an option in the Organization Overview page in Enterprise Manager to limit the number of registered Systems to cap at the purchased System license quantity.
- If this option is disabled, you can connect the additional 3 Systems and 30 Peripherals then either manually adjust your license quantities or wait five days for it to happen automatically.
- If this option is enabled then you will be unable to register the three new Systems and their associated Peripherals.
- As a result, your bill will not be effected.
- In this case, you should manually adjust the License quantities in the Q-SYS Reflect Subscription Portal first and then register your new Cores.