Troubleshooting | NS Gen 2 switch fan speed goes high and does not provide PoE to attached devices
Learn how to diagnose and fix a NS Gen 2 switch fan speed, which is excessively high and stopping PoE output.
If you are not finding the results you need and still have questions, submit a request using the form below and our Tech Docs team will get right on it. Our goal is to provide the content you need!
Your engagement helps us create the content you need. Click here to review this article.
Table of Contents
|Hardware Model/Series||NS Gen 2 switches|
|Software||firmware V22.214.171.124 (REV F)|
- Units built with firmware REV F, date code range: Dec 20, 2022 to May 23, 2023 (2249 to 2315)
A batch of NS Gen 2 switches produced with firmware V126.96.36.199 (REV F) experience issues with the fan speed increasing to high while PoE output does not function.
Solution | Workaround
This issue is recoverable by installing Netgear firmware V188.8.131.52 (REV G) using the steps below.
- Downgrade the switch firmware to version 184.108.40.206.
- Reboot and verify if issue is resolved.
- Upgrade firmware to version 220.127.116.11 and reboot.
- It may be necessary to reload firmware and reboot the switch multiple times.
- If the issue persists, Netgear requests the tech-support file and will typically provide options for RMA.